Wednesday 22 February 2012

Ash to Ash.. Dust to Dust..


 At 10.40pm on 21st February 2012 (Tuesday) :-

After a brief discussion with my Dear Husband on which Mass we shall attend to celebrate the Ash Wednesday Mass, then we came to one mutually-agreed-decision. We will be attending the Mass at 6.00 in the morning at Sacred Heart Cathedral (SHC), Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. YES, 6.00a.m :)


At 4.40am on 22nd February 2012 (Wednesday) :- 

My Hubby woke me up !! (Well, I am the one who wake him up every morning, but today??, awesome !!).  I was so much delighted and amazed having to notice him waking up with so much of energy and excitement to attend the Mass this morning. Aye, I myself  was actually TOO excited. Reason being - we would be having our 10-months Son; Brian to receive the Ash for the first time~!! *wink 

So, without further much ado, we made a move at 5.20am and arrived at the Cathedral approximately 15 minutes later.


Brian had his liquid breakfast done by Daddy,
just before the Mass started.


An all-smiled Brian after the mass, roughly about 7.15am.
* Note his forehead with the mark of the Ash.


On the way to Brian's nursery. We were in a quite long
queue to get into the nursery's car porch, and hence,
we took the chance to do some cam-whoring :)
Please and kindly pardon US TWO *wink


A note to whom it may concern :-
 

Kindly allow me to enlighten you with a VERY SHORT information of what an Ash Wednesday actually means. It is the day where us, the Catholics would start the fasting and abstinence period. This period is religiously known as the Lent Season.







May I just convey one short message here.....

*Let us be kinder and nicer..
*Let us give alms and do more charity..
*Let us fast so it teaches us to be more humble and more grateful..
and, MAY WE ACCOMPLISH ALL THAT WITH GOOD FAITH AND IN THE NAME OF CHRIST LOVE. GOD BLESS YOU AND I.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment